We’re looking for an experienced writer to join the marketing team for our US Cargo Control brand and promote the brand through our website, blog, business-to-business communications, press releases, trade show materials, and more.
US Cargo Control serves the trucking and transportation, rigging and lifting, and professional moving industries. Our customers are often commercial businesses, construction contractors, national companies or government agencies. Check out the diverse industrial products we offer our customers by visiting www.uscargocontrol.com.
Our ideal candidate has the ability to understand the benefits of a product or service and tailor his/her writing to our audience and the method of communication. Excellent grammar skills are a must, as are overall communication and organizational skills.
- Tell the US Cargo Control story, company news, industry-based articles, and more to customers via the US Cargo Control blog and guest blog post opportunities.
- Write product descriptions and category pages combining technical understanding, creative prose, and SEO techniques.
- Write, format and send company press releases via an electronic press release platform, PRWeb
- Assist as needed with other projects including catalogs, brochures, e-mail marketing, trade show materials, and more.
- Experience with social media posting and WordPress a plus.
- 5+ years of experience marketing copywriting or digital content writing preferred.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Understanding of the importance of branding.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, balancing multiple projects
- Paid vacation, holidays.
- 401k retirement plan with generous company match.
- Profit Sharing.
- Health insurance – 100% of premiums paid by company.
- Dental Insurance – 50% of premium paid by company.
- Life & Disability insurance – 100% of premiums paid by company
- Vision discount program.
- Thrive wellness program including on-site fitness, healthy eating program, and learning opportunities.
- Casual dress code where blue jeans and t-shirts are welcome every day.
- Employee Assistance Package.
- Referral bonus opportunities.
- Employee discount on products.
- A culture focused on sustained growth, freedom, responsibility, and opportunity. Read more about the recognition we’ve received for our growth and workplace culture in our Newsroom.
- An innovative new office building slated to open in fall 2016 to feature fun and flexible spaces, including a game room, pub-style recreation room, lactation room, and a treatment room for haircuts, chiropractic care, massages, etc. See the details here: Clickstop Breaks Ground on Multimillion Dollar Building Addition.
This is a full-time position based in Urbana, Iowa, just off I-380 between Cedar Rapids and Waterloo. If you are inspired by challenges, thrive on working with a team to develop and promote a growing brand, and want to work at one of the top workplaces in Iowa, send us a cover letter telling us why, along with your resume and three writing samples to email@example.com.