Does making the sale get your blood pumping? Are you interested in working for one of the ‘Top Workplaces’ in Iowa? Are you searching for a high performance, growing company where you truly feel like you are part of a team and can make an impact? Do you want to go to work somewhere where you will be challenged and have continuous learning opportunities – somewhere that’s adventurous and promotes and drives change?
As a Sales Account Manager on our US Cargo Control Inside Sales team, you’ll talk with customers all over the United States and Canada who call to purchase our products. However, we’re not a ‘call center’; our customers expect us to be product experts and often are asking for custom items or special pricing.
US Cargo Control is our largest and fastest-growing brand at Clickstop, selling products serving the trucking and transportation, rigging and lifting, and professional moving company industries. Our customers are often commercial businesses, construction contractors, national companies or government agencies. Check out the diverse industrial products we offer our customers by visiting www.uscargocontrol.com.
To learn more about how we work, check out the film we made about our workplace and our values:
- Excel at recognizing opportunities, and qualifying customers.
- Effectively create a pipeline of opportunities and follow up to secure sales and build relationships with customers and potential customers.
- Provide an excellent customer experience throughout the selling process.
- Take initiative to become a great salesperson, a product expert, and a valued resource by our customers.
- Work with team members to ensure that day-to-day operating functions are done in a timely, efficient manner.
- Participate daily in collaboration, build relationships, encourage creative thinking and enhance a fun, dynamic culture within the department.
- Understand and meet customer demands that generate revenue and profitability for the company.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Excel at recognizing opportunities beyond the customer’s perceived need.
- Record notes in NetSuite to allow team members to quickly understand customer needs and recognize opportunities.
- Recognize when a great long term customer is present. Provide a superior experience and follow up accordingly.
- Understand that capturing the sale early is an important factor. Sell with a sense of urgency and provide quick response times to customers in order to gain their confidence and their business.
- Quickly communicate potential opportunities with account management team when you’re not able to follow up due to a high level of complexity or volume.
Qualification of Customers
- Be curious, ask questions, and get sales.
- Work with an end goal of qualifying every customer.
Sales Growth & Profitability
- Learn and protect the market price by asking questions and collaborating as needed.
- Strong negotiating skills to effectively navigate the complex sale, build programs, and gain customers.
- Manage and communicate a pipeline of sales and quote opportunities.
- Follow up with both current and past customers in order to maintain the relationship and recognize the opportunity for additional sales.
- Enhance our brand reputation by gaining the respect of customers and conducting business in a professional manner with confidence and tact at all times.
- Following up with customers with a sense of urgency; excellent verbal and written communications are required.
- Make interactions with customers simple and easy for the customer while focusing on recognizing opportunities and qualifying customers.
- Seek out process improvements for the team and proactively share information that can improve the customer experience.
Product & Application Expertise
- Develop a strong understanding of all US Cargo Control products to become a product expert in multiple categories.
- Gain working knowledge of the products we sell by handling and using products, and studying applications.
- Provide product training to team members in at least one category.
Sourcing and Drop Shipping
- Develop a strong understanding of our vendor resources including their strengths, quality, service, locations, prices, and more.
- Quickly provide effective solutions for customers when working with backup vendors, or drop ship vendors.
- Make well thought out decisions related to drop shipping in order to maintain and strengthen relationships with customers and vendors.
- Take the initiative to become an excellent sales person through your experience in the role, training opportunities, and all possible forms of learning.
- Understand the sales cycle and strategic selling.
- Product knowledge can always be increased. There are changes in the market on a regular basis. Learn about products and change in the market and share them with the team.
- Become a product expert, building a deep knowledge of our products, and our industry.
- Understand that learning is something that gives you an edge. Take your learning to the highest level possible.
- Paid vacation, holidays
- 401k retirement plan with generous company match
- Health insurance – 100% of premiums paid by company
- Dental, life, disability insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Healthy eating program (free fruit to snack on all day!)
- Fun, casual, and relaxed work environment
- Even more benefits on our careers page.
This is a full-time position based in Urbana, Iowa, just off I-380 between Cedar Rapids and Waterloo. If you are inspired by challenges, thrive on finding the right solution for a customer, and are driven to provide great service, apply today at email@example.com.
Learn more about our company, our culture, and future plans at www.clickstop.com.