Are you someone who loves working with your hands? Do you enjoy finding patterns in numbers and strategically seek out connections in information? Do you inspire greatness in those around you and expect it in yourself? We need someone who performs with pinpoint accuracy and speed. We’re looking for someone to ensure our warehouse operates at its best and wants to work on one of the areas fastest paced and highest performing teams. If the Clickstop Code and Core Values inspire you and are important parts of your next career, read on!
The Receiving and Inventory Control Associate will be responsible for receiving, storing, handling, put away and cycle counting of products, while maintaining the warehouse in a safe and orderly fashion. This person will also perform product quality inspections in a backup role. They will work closely with teammates across different parts of the company to ensure day-to-day support functions are done in a timely, efficient manner according to Clickstop’s core values and code.
- Working and innovating according to Clickstop’s Core Values and Code.
- Receives inbound shipment materials verifying quantity and description against company purchase orders and packing lists accurately and promptly.
- Backup for coordinating and scheduling of delivery appointments directly with transportation companies.
- Prepares receiving documentation if none is available from supplier.
- Examines incoming shipments using company quality control process and rejects damaged items. Appropriately reports/records any discrepancies for review by supervisor. Helps supervisor troubleshoot and document any quality related issues.
- Process returned or refused merchandise from customers and coordinate appropriate inventory adjustments and corresponding credits.
- Communicates regularly and clearly with receiving manager and buyer regarding product quality and quantity discrepancies.
- Attaches identifying pallet tag or labels to corrugated cases, bales or other containers and stretch wraps pallets for put away into inventory locations.
- Enters quantity received against purchase order in the computer system and documents any back orders, creates any necessary bill credits against supplier and inventory stock put away.
- Accurately and carefully places materials on shelves, in racks or other designated storage areas in an orderly manner.
- Perform product quality inspections in a backup role to supervisor.
- Performs dedicated cycle counting of existing inventory items for supervisor approval and helps investigate and resolve any inventory discrepancies.
- Rotate stock to ensure that merchandise will be used on a first in first out basis(FIFO).
- Receive, inspect and process product returns appropriately.
- Safely operates all the necessary equipment in work area.
- Maintains good housekeeping throughout the facility.
- Ensures warehouse equipment is maintained by appropriate staff on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be Adventurous. Embrace & Drive Change. Willingness to rapidly learn our product line.
- Promote A Winning Team Spirit. Must be a dedicated team player; hardworking, trustworthy and responsible.
- Think Big & Make It Happen. See the bigger picture and seek to improve daily.
- Expect Greatness In Yourself & Inspire It In Others. A commitment to excellence in everything you do with a great attitude. Always.
- Communicate Openly With Confidence & Respect. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary. You will work with other teams on a daily basis.
- Excellent math and reasoning skills. We need someone who checks for similarities in different parts of their work and is searching for different ways to solve the puzzle.
- Basic computer skills are a must (especially Word and Excel). The more computer savvy you are, the better.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds repeatedly.
- Make Time For Fun & Family. We work hard but like to have fun while we’re doing it. Stay balanced so you’re at your best every day.
- Be able to identify product by item code, size, type, style, color, etc.
- Solid reading skills – able to read orders/match orders on PO’s and shipping paperwork to items received.
- Excellent math skills and reasoning skills.
- General understanding of the warehouse and footprint.
- Certification on fork truck equipment.
- Have a desire to learn, sense of urgency and enjoys a fast paced work environment.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Proficient in dealing with Complexity
- Paid vacation, holidays
- 401k retirement plan with generous company match
- Health insurance – 100% of premiums paid by company
- Dental, life, disability insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Healthy food program
- Onsite fitness room
- A fun, high energy work environment with casual dress
- A thriving culture focused on sustained growth, freedom, responsibility, and opportunity
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The employee will be required to put away and count product at top elevations in the warehouse. The employee should be able to withstand temperatures in a typical warehouse environment.
This job would require the ability to move and inspect product and bending, standing and regularly lifting and moving up to 100 pounds unassisted are necessary. Position spends up to 50% of time standing, walking, lifting, pulling and pushing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Required Education or Experience
High School degree or GED as well as valid fork truck certification.
Preferred Education and Experience
Ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of warehouse work experience concentrating on receiving and inspection and product put away.
“To create a business that is sustainable, enjoyable, and provides opportunity for those who seek it.”
All areas of the Clickstop Code are key areas for the Receiving and Inventory Control Associate. Excelling in these areas will have a significant impact on the overall effectiveness of this individual.
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) with daytime hours based in Urbana, IA, just off I-380 between Cedar Rapids and Waterloo. Hours of operation are Monday-Friday 7:00am – 5:00pm.
US Cargo Control is our largest and fastest-growing brand at Clickstop, selling products serving the trucking and transportation, rigging and lifting, and professional moving industries around the world.
Clickstop has made the Corridor Business Journal’s Fastest Growing Companies List 6 of the last 7 years, is recognized as one of the Coolest Place To Work in the Corridor and is a Top 150 Workplace in Iowa. Are you ready to build your career at one of the top workplaces in Iowa? Send us a cover letter with your story and apply at email@example.com.